Tuesday

Take-aways from Grand Rapids Conference

My trip to Chicago and then to Grand Rapids, MI for a conference called Family Reunion, hosted in the great Devos Place Convention Center was life-changing. Here's a quick summary of my take-aways from the weekend:
I see four parts to influence: -First, influence is the Scripture -Second, influence is the Spirit -Third, influence is the Sage -Fourth, influence is your Situation You wouldn't let someone push you off course, but you might let someone nudge you off course and not even realize it! But, when you think about it, if you can allow someone to nudge you off course, wouldn't the opposite be true as well? What if you had a regular influences nudging you along the right course, helping keep you on track? Imagine that sage voice of wisdom encouraging you to stay on course and remain focused on the important things in your life while helping you along the way to achieve your goals and pursue the unique lifestyle. How powerful would it be to have four supportive influences. Voices of wisdom encouraging you, nudging and cheering you on, helping keep you on track to achieving your goals and dreams! I'm becoming skillful in the Scriptures, so I can be led by the Spirit more, which will help me be teachable enough to be mentored by Sages in my life. If I'm doing the three things above, then I know I'll learn to influence my Situation more than my situation influences me.
I'm so thankful for the influences in my life - I hope to continue to influence others in a positive way too!
CAP Facebook.com, twitter.com/chrisaperez

No comments: